April 8, 2011

Preparation for Ironman South Africa

Hey guys!

It's bedtime here in South Africa, but I thought I would give a shout out to my favorite people before I get some much needed rest!  Today I had the honor of joining some of the top triathletes in the world for a press conference at The Beach Hotel.

There was lots of talk about how exciting this race will be because of all the competition!  There are 1,745 athletes competing for the top 30 places in order to go to Kona later this year for the world championships. I am going to compete to my fullest potential and give this race everything I've got.  After months of training I am more than ready to compete Sunday.

I hope you all will join me as a race this Sunday at 4 a.m. (American CST time) in Port Elizabeth, South Africa.

 To get up-to date information, follow me on Twitter @dramandastevens or on my Facebook fanpage at www.facebook.com/docamanda. For other info on the race check out http://www.triangle.cc/event/default.asp?MicroSiteID=2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have an awesome race! kick some butt!