December 20, 2009

Girls on the RUN


Hello and Happy Holidays!

WOW! 2009 is about to come to an end!!! I truly hope that each and every one of you had a year full happiness and success. The end of the year is a great time to celebrate with family and friends and it’s also a great time to give! (Especially to a tax deductible charity!!!)
For the next few weeks, I'm going to be gong head-to-head with 60 other elite athletes in Who Gives? Racing for a Cause, a competition in partnership with Athletes for Hope and GlobalGiving.org , to see who can rais the most money for their favorite charity. The "Race" has already started and runs through January 15th.

I am raising money for Girls on the Run, which is an incredible organization that educates and prepares girls for a life time of self-respect and healthy living. The program culminates in a 5K race event which gives the girls a chance to shine and gives them an overwhelming sense of accomplishment. I have set up a scholarship fund for 6 low-income schools, so hopefully we can get some programs set up in their schools!

Girls on the Run is so awesome. I was lucky enough to be able to participate in their 5K race this past May. My experience was amazing as I got to see young girls inspired to run for FUN and to see the confidence and self-respect they had gained through the program. Their smiles were all shining so brightly! Hopefully, I can make a positive impact in their lives by working side-by-side with them through the 12-week program. I only wish such a program existed when I was younger!

No donation is too small, even a $10 donation can provide healthy snacks at a site. ($65 provides a pair of running shoes, $125 sponsors 1 girl for an entire semester.) Each donation also helps me get one step closer to winning the grand prize of $10,000 for GIRLS ON THE RUN!!! This would make a HUGE impact in the lives of so many girls. There are a lot of great competitors in the Race, so I'm going to need all the help I can get in order to win!!!!

Check out my donation page: http://www.globalgiving.com/4422

Thanks in advance for your support!

amanda :)

P.S. if you want to follow my progress, check out the competition, and see who's in the lead, visit: www.globalgiving.org/athletes-for-hope. Please help me spread the word!

No comments: