October 8, 2008

POWERBAR event



Last night I got to experience the Jack Quinn's run for the first time. They actually had a field trip to Boulder Running Company for the Powerbar event I was part of, so not quite the real thing...but oh well, it was still fun and I got to meet a lot of the crew and runners. Jack Quinn's is a running club that runs every Tuesday in downtown Colorado Springs. Tons of people show up, like last week when they had 761 runners to set a new club record! After you have participated in 10 runs you become 'shirted' and earn a Jack Quinn's running shirt, pretty cool! And lucky me, I became an honorary member and got my shirt last night :)
The event was hosted by POWERBAR. Josh Cox, a pro marathoner, and myself were the Powerbar athletes. So we got to pass out GelBlasts before the run, then we ran with the group, then there was a Q&A session, followed by autographs and talking. I was amazed out how many people were out to run and it is exciting to see so many people involved in activities like this! Such a cool group!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Great meeting you on Tuesday night at the run! Good luck in Clearwater next month!